Our name, An Endless Pursuit, was named after our dating relationship. We met in college and it took us a few times to get this whole dating thing right. Three times to be exact. Back then we had a lot of ideas floating around on why it took so long to work from not the right timing, to friend zones, to different family backgrounds, to wanting to play music vs wanting to go to med school. The "endless pursuit" was the joke of our friends that the persistence to keep trying would never end. And despite their playful sarcasm they were right.
We like to often think that our relationships and the stories that define them are smaller than they really are. We assume that our love stories reach a pinnacle moment of "they are the one" and that marriage is some kind of inevitable reaction to validate that moment. After nine years of this marriage thing, three kids, and a handful of adventures we think it's safe to say that we were never meant to be done with the pursuit. In fact, the pursuit was meant to be the thing all along, every single day. It's the very purpose of this journey we're on.
We photograph weddings because they remind us of just that. They let us come up for air in the sea of our own lives and to remember why we started this crazy adventure of marriage long ago. A wedding lets us feel unfiltered joy, unwavering resolve and unlimited love. There are few things quite as encouraging or humbling as seeing the purity of the start. We hope that our photographs tell a meaningful story that does the same for each and every one of our couples.
20 FACTS ABOUT US
1. Parenthood has made us tired, frazzled, joyful, silly, selfless, and fulfilled.
2. We love to go on dates because food is amazing, and also we like each other.
3. We think the show, Stranger Things, is the best of things. Also The Office and Parks and Rec forever.
4. Bernadette's laugh has been reportedly heard by our neighbors that live a block away.
5.We live in a 125 year-old home.
6. We plan to stay there until we die.
7. We own a sexy, black minivan for which we feel no shame.
8. We have three kids under the age of eight. they make us better people. except in the morning.
9. Bernadette is a podcast aficionado.
10. Our conversations transition quite seamlessly from light hearted inappropriate sarcasm to serious topics.
11. The longer we're together, the weirder we get and the more we laugh at stupid things.
12. We consider good conversation a great reason to stay up late.
13. One time we drove 2600 miles in 45 hours to get to our friend's wedding because all flights were canceled from snow.
14. We love the ocean. it makes everything better.
15. Bernadette likes fruits and veggies. Steve does not.
16. Steve likes coffee and bourbon. Bernadette does not.
17. Bernadette once shot a wedding 37 weeks pregnant in 107 degree weather.
18. Steve once shot a wedding with a broken toe.
19. It rained on our wedding day. Isn't it ironic?
20. Documenting our own life in photographs helps us to savor memories and remind ourselves of what it is like to be on the other side of the camera lens.
Photos of our family on this page were created by the legends that inspired us to get into photography, The Image Is Found.
For more on our life and family you can check us out on social media or our personal blog, linked below!